Careers and More!
Thank you for your interest in joining Naples Zoo. We have hundreds of applicants each year but only a few join our select team of dedicated professionals. Please e-mail your resume or print the Zoo Employment Application, complete it, and e-mail it to email@example.com.
(Due to the high volume of applicants, we may not be able acknowledge receipt of your application; we will be in touch should we need additional information or select you to interview for one of our open positions.)
Please note: INTERNSHIP information and VOLUNTEER opportunities are listed separately.
Staff Veterinarian (FULL TIME)
Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens is seeking applications for the position of Staff Veterinarian, reporting directly to the Zoo’s Director of Animal Programs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a respected and growing Zoo, help design a new veterinary hospital, and build a vet department that will meet the Zoo’s current and future plans.
Most specifically, the Staff Veterinarian will provide comprehensive medical care to the collection including but not limited to maintaining a preventative medical program, providing acute care for sick or injured animals, providing convalescent care for animals recovering from illness or injury, and providing complete pathology services.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Implement and monitor a preventative health care program for the collection to include parasite surveillance procedures and control, infectious disease screening, physical exams and humane euthanasia when necessary.
- Oversee quarantine program for newly arrived animals.
- Manage medical and surgical cases.
- Conducts necropsies on animals in the collection to determine cause of death.
- Implement and monitor collection diets to assure nutritional requirements are being met.
- Maintain and update medical records using ZIMS.
- Ensure compliance with USDA, AZA and FWC rules and regulations with regards to medical care.
- Develop working relationship with FWC and USFWS in regards to Florida panthers.
- Must possess a DVM/VMD degree from an accredited institution.
- Post –doctoral experience in a zoological park or with exotic animals is preferred.
- Maintain a State of Florida Veterinary License, USDA Accredited Veterinary License, Drug Enforcement Agency License, and continuing education hours.
- Knowledge of guidelines established by standard veterinary medicine procedures; specialized veterinary medicine procedures such as AZA, AAZH, AAHA, and APHIS-USDA.
- Experience in applied biology, unique anatomy, special physiology, social structure and reproduction of a wide variety of wild animals.
- Experience and expertise in drugs used in wild animals, their use and the various dart systems used to administer the drugs.
To apply: Send cover letter, CV and references to HR@napleszoo.org
Send resumes to
or to address below.
Resources Office, 1590 Goodlette Road, Naples FL 34102
or fax to: 239.262.6866
can also fill out an application or drop resumes off at the zoo itself.
zoo is conveniently located
in the heart of Naples.